Need a non-emergency patient transport between Hospitals and Care facilities?Metro Ambulance provides non-emergency transports.
If you have an emergency,
please call 1-1-1.
Welcome to Metro Ambulance
Our affordable, ambulance patient transfer service is for low to medium acuity medical transports in the Auckland region.
We transport people between facilities; public hospitals, aged care facilities, and medical facilities.
We foster positive relationships and experiences with our patients and clients in our mahi every day.
This is our core service; we won't be delayed by unscheduled callouts.
We provide a timely ambulance/stretcher transport for public and private hospitals:
- Between Waitakere Hospital or North Shore Hospital and most aged care facilities in the greater Auckland area (Auckland City Hospital by prior arrangement)
- Between private hospitals in the Waitakere, North Shore and Rodney areas and most aged care facilities in the greater Auckland area
- Up to 5l/min oxygen in-vehicle oxygen supply when required
- Bed-to-bed patient delivery
- Full Contact precautions when necessary
Our services are for care providers seeking a reliable, caring team to transport their residents or patients to or from care facilities, such as:
- Returning residents, or new admissions after a hospital stay
- To and from medical appointments
- Transfer to another care facility
- Non-emergency transports to hospital
We can help as an added asset to your brand and services offered to your customers.
Services for Other Providers
We can help with:
- Inter-hospital and Intra-hospital DHB transports (urgent and non-urgent)
- Transfer to or from medical repatriation flights, including airside operations at Auckland airports
- Long-haul transports (NZ North Island), including liaison with other providers for very long transports (400km+)
- Accommodation of Transit/Flight nurses for supervised medical/cardiac transports between recognised facilities/public hospitals
- Staff/crew return to origin on certain journeys
Public Hospital Liaison
We have strong working relationships with public hospital staff and liaise with them to ensure a speedy and issue-free patient discharge.
Medical Appointment Transports
Being on time is one of our key strengths, and this includes making sure your patient or resident is on time for their medical appointment. We transport to most facilities, including public and private hospitals, medical imaging specialists and outpatients clinics.
Where appropriate, we can transfer your patient/resident into a wheelchair. This may be appropriate for a mobilising patient going to a clinic appointment at a facility that cannot accommodate a stretcher. Note, we will always transport the patient/resident on a stretcher in the ambulance.
Staying with your resident
Where appropriate, and subject to availability, we will take your patient/resident and stay with them for the duration of their clinic appointment. Up to one hour is included in the standard return journey cost.
We may be able to accommodate up to two additional passengers (family member, support person, transit nurse, etc) to accompany the patient/resident on their journey. There is no additional charge for this.
We can supply up to 3l/min oxygen delivery (5l/m when patient is escorted) for the duration of the transport.
We can provide 3-lead ECG, SpO2, temperature and NIBP monitoring for your escorted patient when required.
Music has been proved to be beneficial for patients with dementia and alzheimers. We play curated playlists, or anything our client or their caregivers request.
USB power is available to recharge devices, and 12Vdc/240Vac power available for medical equipment enroute.
PricingPricing valid for all bookings booked from 01 December 2020.
35km or lessFlat Rate
36-100kmPer kilometre rate
101-400kmPer kilometre rate
401km+Per kilometre rate
ASB Bank Glenfield
Payments made directly into our bank account must have the Invoice number as the Reference. Failure to do so will delay payment being processed.
You should allow 1-2 business days for payment to be transferred.
Visa and Mastercard Accepted
We use the Stripe Secure Payment Gateway to process credit card payments online and over the phone.
A link is included on your emailed invoice. Please follow the instructions online to process your credit card payment.
We can also take a credit card payment over the phone if you do not have access to your emailed invoice or online banking.
Personal and Business Paypal support
We can take payment using your Personal or Business Paypal Account.
To make a payment through Paypal:
- Go to https://paypal.com. Log in, and select "Send".
- Our Paypal email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select "Goods or Service".
- Please quote your invoice number in the "Message" or "Message to Seller" box.